Friday 13 November 2015

OUGD503 - Responsive - WWF D&AD Brief

When looking through the YCN and D&AD briefs this brief stood out to me the most because I am very passionate about the cause. I love animals and I am quite passionate about stopping global warming both of which WWF promote strongly. The brief itself is about trying to bring together the community of subscribers to be more active and involved than just paying a certain amount of money each month. It is further highlighted in the "What's Essential" section:

Whats Essential:
- A product, service or campaign idea to turn young WWF members into an active conservation community. 
- Document and show your research and how you developed your ideas. 

So instead of reading this as a full brief it is easier to create a question that you can answer with your solution. From reading the brief it is clear that the question should be: 
What can current members to do to make an impact and how can the membership become more rewarding?

After having a tutorial with Simon to talk about some of my initial ideas it became a lot clearer to me that the brief wasn't just about making membership more rewarding for the members but it was about them forming an active community. These two words in particular are key in this brief and tell me a lot about what my solution should be.  

INITIAL IDEAS


I made a mind map of all the ideas I had in my head to answer this brief. I especially like the idea of calling the communities that would be created "ecosystems" as it is defined as a biological community of interacting organisms and their physical environment. Which could be read as a community of people interacting to help their physical environment. From this terminology I could do a lot with biological terms, such as having food trees. This really interests me because I studied biology at A Level and I was especially interested in any biology that was animal or ecosystem related.

I also want to focus on a more down to earth campaign. I feel that today too many things are based purely online and I think this may be the reason why the current WWF community is lacking in an active membership.

Also the partnerships with other companies mentioned in the brief could open up lots of possibilities within the community and it is definitely something that I will think boost the communities activism.

No comments:

Post a Comment