Saturday 7 November 2015

OUGD503 - Responsive - Studio Brief 1 - Eurojust Logo Initial Ideas


Initially when I looked at the Eurojust brief I immediately pictured the Lady of justice. So I did some initial quite illustrative sketches of her while combining the star to show the emblem of the european union. Also I thought of shields to represent how the eurojust organisation protects people from crime. All of these feel very stereotypical and slightly cliche but I feel with some digital development they would look quite contemporary giving the logo the little lift that it needs.

I started out with the very simple portrait silhouette of the lady of justice, replacing the eye with a star to represent the eurozone. I feel like this doesn't really look like much to do with border control and prevention against organised crime, it is too conceptual in a way. 

Next I tried the half face idea for the lady of justice with a star in place of her eye. I thought that this could show that justice sees through all and prevails. However I don't feel like this needs the text underneath because it doesn't really line up very well and distracts from the concept.

Then I went on to the scales because they have these in their current logo design I feel like not changing the design too much will work in my favour. So I started out with a very simple set of scales set over the name of the company in a bold sans serif to show power and stability.


I then had an idea to make the 'U's of the name into the scales themselves and using the 'O' as a centre point. At first I just had them sort of hovering over the u's but then I realised I could connect them to the opposite ends if the u which I find makes it look a lot more balanced. The bold, straight lines show strength and rigidity in the company which is what people look for in judicial and border control companies. 




No comments:

Post a Comment